Why Do We Fundraise?
The SYC fundraises year-round to ensure that our club has adequate funds to support our youth during the season. Below is a list of the many things that we spend this money on after registration fees are paid and raffle tickets are sold. You will notice that the expenses go well beyond uniforms and helmets.
- Bert Bell league fees
- Insurance fees
- New field/practice equipment, when necessary
- New football gear, such as helmets, game jerseys, game pants, chin straps, mouthpieces, flags and footballs
- Flag uniforms
- Rookie jerseys
- Cheer uniforms and music
- Annual helmet evaluations and replacements, as advised
- Snack bar food/supplies for season
- Rentals for season (portable toilet and equipment pod)
- Badges for coaches and players
- Referee fees
- Medic fees
- SYC Events (Pep Rally and Homecoming)
- Football/cheer plaques
- End of season banquet
We are thankful for all the help that our families put in to making our youth program the best in the area. Go Cougars!